Mike H. Presley, Jr.
I'm an entrepreneurial-minded, self starter with extensive knowledge in mobile devices and app usability, design, and functionality. From 2011-2014, I managed my own mobile device solutions and software consulting company, iOptimize, and focused on managing tablet integrations and mobile app/web development projects for SMB clients. From 2014-2015, I worked as a Project Manager/Business Analyst for a local software company. I am a strong believer in the entrepreneurial spirit, and am looking to join an app and interactive web development company that focuses on mobile, UX strategy, and the marketing/branding aspects of products.
I am looking to join a creative team that focuses on mobile apps and interactive/responsive web development. I am an avid networker, and I am passionate about meeting customers and helping them strategize solutions to their digital and technological needs. I have a great ability to communicate technical ideas and solutions in a non-technical manner and easily relate technical concepts to real-world examples. Running my own company has given me experience in client acquisition and retention, and I enjoy helping others understand technology and solve their problems. I have extensive experience in project management, and I thoroughly enjoy problem-solving and UX/workflow creation. I am detail-oriented, but I am also able to see the project from a big picture perspective.
I am very passionate about mobility, apps, interactive design, and improving the overall look and effectiveness of the web. Human interaction with technology and the web is becoming second nature and something that should help enrich our lives and experiences. I want to promote this movement and help create the next generation of web and mobile apps through better user experiences.
I have learned that while I am internally motivated, I thrive in a team environment. I am a supportive person by nature and my strengths lie in helping others find solutions and achieve their goals. I love the interaction and camaraderie within a team. I want to be a part of something larger than myself, and I want to be able to give back to our great community.
User Experience Strategist/Designer, August 2015 - Current
- Conduct strategy and product workshops with clients
- Perform and analyze user interviews, research, and insights gathering
- Assist in planning, preparing for, and co-facilitating workshops
- Create UX documentation and deliverables
- Synthesize insights and workshop findings to create personas, workflows, stories, wireframes, and design direction
- Lead and own UX design direction
- Create and present design direction deliverables, wireframes, and concepts to the client and UI team
- Ensure the experience and project check backs are not compromised
- Continue growth and learning through lessons, reading, and research
Project Manager / Business Analyst, June 2014 – May 2015
- Defined project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases, and elements
- Monitored project progress by tracking activity, resolving problems, publishing progress reports, and recommending actions
- Managed project timelines, deliverables, resources, budget, and client relations.
- Determined operational objectives, studied business functions, gathered information, and evaluated output requirements and formats
- Documented User Acceptance Testing (UAT) scenarios, reviewed test plans with team to ensure product would meet all acceptance criteria, and performed QA Testing to ensure iteration goals were met
- Performed and lead detailed QA Testing for most projects
- Created company-wide QA Testing documentation
- Utilized and maintained working knowledge of Scrum/Agile-based methodologies
Owner / Business Analyst / Consultant, April 2011 – Present
- Manage ongoing projects and customer relationships
- Market, network, and sell company services on a daily basis
- Strategize, wireframe, and manage app/software development projects
- Research, learn, and test new and existing mobile apps and web services
- Manage and implement mobile technology for SMB and Enterprise clients
- Consult with clients on mobile device integration, proper deployment methods, and app use
- Consult with clients to learn their workflows and best offer a mobile solution that makes their life easier and more efficient
- Manage day-to-day administration tasks and
Facility Services Management, Inc.
IT Director/Consultant, April 2012 – December 2013
- Developed and wrote their current corporate IT policy
- Created and outlined the IT department's tasks and processes documents
- Implemented an IT helpdesk management software and ticketing process
- Documented the entire IT network and infrastructure for evaluation and security purposes
- Outlined the IT Analyst/Helpdesk position, interviewed, and hired an applicant
- Trained the IT Analyst to become the IT Manager upon my departure
- Managed day-to-day IT and helpdesk operations
Barge Waggoner Sumner & Cannon, Inc.
IT Analyst/Helpdesk, February 2010 – April 2011
- Lead and point of contact for initial iPad 1 integration and usability project
- Configured and managed a 30+ iPad deployment, trained users on tablet and app use, and developed a company App Store
- Maintained user interest and acceptance of tablets through an Intranet site, conference calls, and emails
- Lead and point of contact for a SharePoint H.R. Intranet site creation project
- Responsible for simultaneously leading and managing numerous projects spanning from helpdesk training plan creation and employee training to office moves and computer testing
- Addressed, resolved, and documented helpdesk tickets via a web-based system
- Interacted with customers daily through emails, phone calls, and face-to-face interactions
Bachelor of Science, December 2007
Major: Human and Organizational Development (HOD) with a focus in Leadership, Organizational Effectiveness, and Entrepreneurship
Activities: Vanderbuddies, Pi Kappa Alpha Fraternity Historian and Photographer
ITT Technical Institute
Associates Degree, March 2010
Major: Computer Network Systems
Honors: Valedictorian, Who's Who in America 2009-2010
- Effective verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Creative and efficient product/project management and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of mobile apps, the mobile web, and how they are used in businesses
- Working knowledge of Scrum/Agile methodologies
- Experience developing job outlines, interviewing, and hiring employees
- Proven ability to learn applications and programs quickly and independently
- Excellent spatial and mechanical aptitude
- Out-of-the-box and holistic thinker
graphic design and digital photography
WEB & APP DEVELOPMENT PROJECTS
Page additional and conversation rate UX evaluation for an non-profit PTSD organization. I reviewed their site offered a list of best practices improvements, and then created several wireframes and mockups for some additional pages and workflows to help increase their conversion rates.
Responsive, QR-based, social sharing website and mobile app. Individual websites link to the QR code on a gifted bracelet. The giver pre-loads the site with photos and posts, so the receiver can re-visit those memories anytime with the app. A charm bracelet for today's youth. I worked with a developer to map out the workflow and database. This site and product were never fully designed or taken past the initial discovery phase.
Click the icons below to view or download.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT STUDIES
Click the icon below to view or download my full resume.